Class of 2019
Signing in to the Religion Department
Welcome to the Department of Religion! Here are some tips and procedures for getting started in the major.
1. Prerequisites: In order to declare the major in Religion, you need to have taken at least one course in the department.
2. Consult the Department’s web site. Here you will find information about the major and the department beyond what is included in the Undergraduate Announcement. Especially useful will be the section on Courses where you will find information about which Area Requirements courses fulfill. Included in the section on the Undergraduate major, you will find forms and lists of deadlines for majors, as well as other materials.
3. Make an appointment with the departmental representative through the Web Appointment Scheduling System (WASS) via the link from the Department’s web site. If the available hours don’t match your schedule, contact the departmental representative by email to set up another time to meet.
Please remember that the departmental representative is a faculty member in the department with teaching responsibilities in addition to advising, and is not a full-time administrator. Because of this, she or he may not be available if you choose to drop in without an appointment. It is important to plan ahead when you need to consult.
4. Prepare for your course selection meeting by reviewing the Registrar web page, http://registrar.princeton.edu/course-offerings/ and consulting the course list on the Religion Department web site to see whether the courses in which you’re interested fulfill major requirements.
***PLEASE NOTE*** All Junior Religion majors must take the Junior Colloquium (REL 399) in the fall of 2017. This is a required non-credit fifth course, the grade for which will be factored into your grade for the Junior Independent Work. The organizational meeting normally takes place on Friday during the first week of classes.
5. What to bring to your meeting with the departmental representative:
– Internal transcript printed out from TigerHub.
– Two copies of the Course Enrollment Worksheet – Proposed Fall 2017 list of courses
The deadline for declaring your concentration on the Registrar’s web site and in the Department of Religion is April 25, 2017. You will be able to select courses via TigerHub from April 26- April 28.
To officially declare your major online for the University, click here: https://registrar.princeton.edu/student-services/majors/.