Signing in to the Religion Department
Welcome to the Department of Religion! Here are some tips and procedures for getting started in the major.
- Prerequisites: In order to declare the major in Religion, you need to have taken at least one course in the department.
- Consult the Department’s web site. Here you will find information about the major and the department beyond what is included in the Undergraduate Announcement. Especially useful will be the section on Courses where you will find information about which Area Requirements courses fulfill. Included in the section on the Undergraduate major, you will find forms and lists of deadlines for majors, as well as other materials.
- If you have not previously met with the Director of Undergraduate Studies, Dr. Perry, it would be a good idea to do that before declaring your concentration. You can sign up for office hours here: https://calendly.com/sethp. If the available hours don’t match your schedule, contact Dr. Perry by email to set up another time to meet (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In addition, if you are signing into the department as a major you will need to meet with Dr. Perry to discuss courses for Fall 2021 before course registration starts on April 13. Please see https://calendly.com/sethp to make an appointment.
- Prepare for your course selection meeting by reviewing the Registrar web page, http://registrar.princeton.edu/course-offerings/ and consulting the course list on the Religion Department web site to see whether the courses in which you’re interested fulfill major requirements. Please fill out your Academic Planning Form in advance of your advising meeting.
***PLEASE NOTE*** All Junior Religion majors must take the Junior Colloquium (REL 399) in the fall of 2021. This is a required course.
The deadline for declaring your concentration on the Registrar’s web site and in the Department of Religion is April 13, 2021. You will be able to select courses via TigerHub from March 25, 2021 – April 13, 2021.
To officially declare your major online for the University, click here: https://registrar.princeton.edu/student-services/majors/.